Making Things Better For People with Autism
Monday, April 26, 2021 at 12:30 PM
Google map and directions
Event contactNHS Sheffield CCG
This is a free online training session aimed at GP Surgeries (GPs, Practice Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Practice Managers, Receptionists etc), Social Care teams, and other health/social care services and organisations in Sheffield.
This training is being run for Sheffield CCG as part of the Sheffield Strategy to Improve the Physical Health of People living with learning disabilities, autism, and severe mental illness.
The session will last for one hour. The first 45 will be run by Speakup Self Advocacy, and will be co-produced and delivered by Experts by Experience. It will include:
• Understand what is meant by autism
• Improve your communication skills
• Know more about making sure people are treated fairly and given fair chances
• Gain ideas to help you in your work with people who with autism
• Gain the skills and confidence to work more effectively with people with autism
The final 15 minutes of the session will be delivered by Sheffield physical health strategy partners. It will include information about:
• Local information about improving physical health for people with autism
This training can contribute towards your Continuous Professional Development (certificates of attendance can be provided on request).
This will be delivered as a Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting by coping and pasting the link in your internet search bar:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ZDhhNjViODEtNjI1OC00YTBjLTk3OTgtYmQ3Y2I0ZDBiOWIz%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%2237c354b2-85b0-47f5-b222-07b48d774ee3%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%221f647241-8786-47dc-81c5-bd40f75b7a15%22%7dPosted by Ryan Jarvis on ,